Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Perfect

I don't know why our walk today was perfect but it just was.

It certainly wasn't the weather,that's for sure!It was so cold,that bitter cold that makes your head prickle and ache and it the sky was grey and we even saw a few snow flakes drifting down occasionally.

But Chips we had the time of our life up at the duck pond today.

You threw sticks...loads of sticks...into the water,I had to stop you in the end as you were leaning incredibly close to the edge and I thought one little unbalance and you would have tipped into the pond and it was unforgiving up there today so I called the game to a halt!Better safe than sorry!


We chattered all the way round and you were so happy.Just a little boy grubbing around in mud
throwing every stick you could possibly find even big massive ones

We visited the cafe and had a flapjack picnic
so scrummity delicious!

We looked for trains and found them,yesterday we were on that train looking at the duck pond,today we were at the duckpond looking at the trains!

We held hands all the way around and it was so good and felt absolutely right.I have been to the duckpond on many occasions where the weather has been so much better than today but for some reason today was special and why I just don't know,I just know it was.

So my curly haired friend thanks for today...it was perfect



2 comments:

  1. What a delightful post. So lovely when something so seemingly ordinary turns into a time to cherish. I think this is one of those ordinary outings you will remember for a long time to come. Thank you for sharing on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fab walk! You can never go wrong with a duckpond or trains! I'm looking out the window at the dark now wishing I'd got out a bit quicker this afternoon...:-)

    ReplyDelete