Wednesday, June 8, 2011

This Is A Home Where Children Live

This is a poem I have had stuck to the kitchen wall since Tiger was born,the paper is now discoloured and scruffy but the words still ring true.

This Is A Home Where Children Live.

You may not find things all in place,
Friend,when you enter here.
But,we're a home where children live,
We hold them very dear.

And you may find small fingerprints
And smudges on the wall.
When the kids are gone,we'll clean them up,
Right now we're playing ball.

For there's one thing of which we are for sure,
These children are on loan.
One day they are always underfoot,
Next thing you know,they're gone.

That's when we'll have a well kept house,
When they're off on their own.
Right now,this is where children live,
A loved and lived in home.

By Judith Bond

One of the nursery mums gave it to me when I had Tiger.
I really liked this mum,she had 3 small children under 5 and was a lovely person.
I think now she has at least 3 grandchildren and my Tiger is 18!
I still stick by these words,I will never regret not having a spotless home but I would regret forever making the most of my time with the boys as they grew up!



A rather tattered and dirty poem!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment